The once-moderate Mitt Romney had become this year a Tea Party wannabee and even birther Donald Trump's best friend during the primaries but then teleported himself back to moderation for last week's debate with President Barack Obama.
From "Etch-A-Sketch" moments to a remade man altogether, favoring
health coverage for the uninsured, or those with pre-existing medical conditions, and disowning his multi-trillion dollar tax
So now the question is, as the Vice-Presidential debate looms
Thursday night: Will Democratic Vice-President Joe Biden remind viewers
that GOP veep candidate US Rep. Paul Ryan has been run through the
makeover machine, too?
* That Ryan has tempered his wholesale opposition to abortion to conform to Romney's limited exceptions?
* That Ryan had worked closely on anti-abortion legislation with the
disgraced Missouri Congressman Todd ("Legitimate Rapes") Akin, whom
Romney has disowned - - but who remains the Republican US Senate
candidate in Missouri with growing conservative support?
* That Ryan softened his draconian fiscal blueprint, though it still
calls for voucherizing Medicare and thus boosting the profits of big
* That Ryan railed against the Obama stimulus, but sought its funds
for local projects to create jobs - - exactly as it was intended to do?
* That Ryan now runs from the obsessive individualism of Ayn Rand, his long-time political guide?
* That Ryan's marathon time is actually slower than first advertised?
Cross-posted at The Political Environment and Purple Wisconsin.