Madison CBS reporter Jessica Arp, was able to get the first interview with failed VP candidate Paul Ryan:
Some highlights and interpretations:
* "I think the surprise was some of the turnout, especially in urban areas, which gave President Obama the big margin to win this race," said Ryan,(meaning - we were surprised that the people of color actually voted and were able to vote. They will not make that mistake again!)
* "Mitt didn't pick me for a certain state, he picked me for issues, for governing, for taking on the debt crisis," Ryan said. "We had hoped to win Wisconsin, fought hard for Wisconsin. We cut the president's lead in half, but nevertheless it wasn't enough." (Paul Ryan spent the better part of the last two weeks in WI trying to win and ended up getting beat by 7 points. Paul is on a dont blame me - ditch personal responsibility tour and this was the first stop. There is a reason he did not run for Senate in Herb Kohl's seat.)
* "We ran a campaign on big ideas" Paul Ryan - (Although he still hasnt told us the big ideas that he ran on!)
* "we clearly did not lose the election on the issues, especially Medicare" Paul Ryan (Tell that to the voters of Florida).
* "My dad always said you are part of the problem or part of the solution. I feel its my job to be part of the solution." Paul Ryan (wow did you let your dad down)
* "as you know, the House republicans, we have offered budget after budget. We have offered specific plans to prevent the fiscal cliff. We have not seen any leadership from the President on that. Yet." Paul Ryan. (President Obama SPECIFICALLY campaigned against the Paul ryan budgets and the American people spoke LOUD AND CLEAR).
* "Ryan said twenty times a day he had to hand sanitize" Jessica Arp. (the King is disgusted when he has to associate with the Plebes)
Cross posted @ Cogdis.