Monday, August 13, 2012

Peevish Romney Abandons Ryan Budget

During their ballyhooed first joint appearance Sunday on "60 Minutes," Mitt Romney said (page four of the transcript) the Paul Ryan budget plan was off in a lock box somewhere.
Bob Schieffer: There's no question your campaign has been trying to make this election a referendum on Barack Obama. Now, some people are saying you are making it a referendum on Paul Ryan's budget plan.

Mitt Romney: Well, I have my budget plan as you know that I've put out. And that's the budget plan that we're going to run on.
Along with Romney's acknowledgment that the Ryan plan was toxic, the transcript somewhat captures Romney's annoyance at the question. He doesn't do peeved very well.

"I have my budget plan as you know...," a reminder to journalist Schieffer by a defensive, and ego-challenged CEO-Forever-Romney that he's the candidate, Numero Uno, and Ryan is #2.

Cross-posted at thepoliticalenvironment.

No comments:

Post a Comment