There's a reason why I think Paul Ryan is one of the most dangerous politicians out there right now, and it's not because he's ideologically conservative.
It's because Ryan is a rightwing authoritarian, and has clearly told us just that over the last few years. You wouldn't want one as your president. He's repeatedly warned us about what he'd do if he were in charge. Do a "roll call" search of this blog and you'll see what I mean.
In the slide show below, from Upfront with Mike Gousha, Ryan used key words and phrases that should scare the daylights out of anyone who truly believes in what Ryan calls the American "idea." Here are 5 examples from our arrogant egotist in the clip below:
- "This is what requires leadership."Ryan isn't hiding anything. Here's my slide show of that interview:
- "It is hard to lead when your saying things people may not want to hear, but leaders nevertheless if they see a threat to their country need to do something about it."
- "...so we can win the kinds of elections we're going to have to win, to get the moral authority and mandate to fix this countries problems on our own terms as nation before it's too late."
- "What I'm trying to do here is to build a majoritarian movement to fix America's problems..."
- "The kinds of elections we're going to have to win in my judgement, if we're going to save the American idea, are the kind of elections the American people give us the mandate and the authority to fix our countries problems before their outside of our control...we need to lead..."
Check out right wing authoritarianism here, here, here, here, and here.